1. Adequate and strong constitutional provisions for effective check on criminalisation of politics.
2. Enhance the punishment for electoral offences.
3. Establishment of special courts/tribunals to decide election petitions and also cases against candidates to be disposed within 6 months.
- Sitting members should also be disqualified if charge sheeted for an offence.
5. Amend section 8 (3) of the Representation of the People Act, 1951 enhancing the period of disqualification from six years to eleven years.
- Person with charges of offences punishable for two years or more should not be allowed to contest elections;
- Omit section 8 (4) of the Representation of the People Act, 1951 and should attract automatic disqualification if a person found guilty.