• Seamless and transparent grant of mineral concessions and Security of tenure to a holder of a
• Arm’slength distances between State agencies that mine and those that regulate.
• Preference to value addition industry in grant of mineral concession.
• Development of a proper inventory of resources and reserves - priority to a mining tenement registry and
a mineral atlas.
• Strengthening of Geological Survey of India, the Indian Bureau of Mines and the state Directorates of
Mining & Geology, with manpower, equipment and skill sets up graded to state of the art.
• Development of framework of sustainable development to take care of biodiversity issues.
• Special care to protect the interest of host and indigenous (tribal) population through developing models
of stakeholder interest based on international best practice.
• Assistance to State Governments to overcome the problem of illegal mining through operational and
financial linkages with the Indian Bureau of Mines.
• Development of a comprehensive institutional framework for R&D and training.
• Development of capital market structures to attract risk investment into survey and prospecting